Sunday, January 9, 2011

On Living Life Creatively...


I've been thinking about this statement a lot lately.  With the new year in full swing it's time I started establishing some goals...and committing to them by posting them here (yikes...)  In am 45 years young and I am just beginning to realize how "creating" yourself begins with committing to your dreams, your passions, your goals.  If we wait around for life to "happen" in our favor, we are fooling ourselves and wasting precious, God given time in doing so!!!  Life is about embracing the unique gifts that God created us with, and USING them.  So join me if you will in becoming a more "active" participant in what life has to offer you. Align your actions with your dreams and enjoy your success.  Make things happen, no more excuses...Sit down with yourself and really listen to your heart...write down, or tell someone YOUR goals for this year.  Don't worry about what anyone else will say or not say about them, don't create goals based on what you think you "should" do, but based on what you really want.  If you could see into the future...what would this year look like?  We can do this!  Baby steps right?

Here are my creative goals for the year:

Open an Etsy shop to sell my artwork...

Continue blogging and posting a minimum of 2 times a week...

Surround myself with people who support my dreams...

Do something to promote creative growth every day, whether it be surfing the web for inspiration, learning a new technique, getting started on an art project, sketching, art journaling etc...

Give back to the creative community by posting an original art tutorial once every few months...

Research the Artist's Market and begin learning how I can create an income with my art...

Organize my art space and materials (that's a tough one!)

2 comments:

  1. Lovely post and goals you have for the new year. All you say is so true .. I have had the same thoughts. We can not sit and wait for things to happen. It is within our power to make it happen and we can not wait for inspiration to come to us we must go out and look for it.
    Thanks for the visit to my blog and the friend follow. I will be following you too :)
    Hope you have a wonderful and creative day!
    Ansota

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for your nice comment and for visiting my blog. I too am looking forward to following your blog!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting Artplaytoday! Comments are SO appreciated! I look forward to hearing whatever feedback, ideas, comments you may have..
XO
Kristen