Saturday, October 8, 2011

2012 Planners...Covers made from recycled dryer sheets!

Here are a few more items that I've made using my recycled/upcycled dryer sheet technique.  If you haven't seen my "How To" video tutorial on this technique, you can check it out at the end of this post.

I can't believe how sturdy the end results are!  I wish you could hold these in your hands and feel the texture.  It really has a true "leathery" feel and holds up to the sewing machine so well.  If I were more of a seamstress I would be going crazy with things to make, but unfortunately, the sewing machine and I don't usually get along very well.

These are 2012 Planners that I made the covers for out of art "cloth" using used dryer sheets as my canvas and lots of collage and paint.





I also scanned them before I folded them to make the covers...So here is what they look like front and back before folding them...


If you like these and would like to try it yourself you can watch the tutorial below.  Please post what you create, I'd love to see the results!




1 comment:

  1. I was looking for an email address to contact you with, but couldn't find one, so I'll respond here to your question about PSE (you have your blog set to be a no-reply blogger). I didn't upgrade from PSE 6 to either 7 or 8 because I read that they really weren't worth it, but have upgraded to both 9 and 10 and definitely love the new features. PSE 10 is my favorite because of the new guided features they've added. Hope this helps. Also, if you don't want to remain a no-reply blogger, you can check out my post here to see how to fix that. http://www.myheartartbygeri.com/2011/05/confession-i-was-no-reply-blogger-and.html

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting Artplaytoday! Comments are SO appreciated! I look forward to hearing whatever feedback, ideas, comments you may have..
XO
Kristen