Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Domino Art Pendant Tutorial: The moment has finally arrived!

In a previous post I announced that I had won a contest on Modahaus.com.  In exchange for a 
Modahaus Steady Stand (a portable, tabletop photography "studio", shown in the pictures above), I would make a pictorial, or video tutorial using the Modahaus products....Well I'm excited to present to you, my newest video tutorial, "How to Make a Domino Art Pendant"! All the still shots and the close up video clips were made using the Modahaus Steady Stands.

This video tutorial takes you step by step into the process of making your own domino pendant, using your own artwork and a 2 part resin for the perfect topcoat finish.  Don't let the word "resin" scare you away!  It's so much easier than it sounds! Hope you enjoy, and as always, suggestions, questions, comments are alway welcomed and much appreciated!

17 comments:

  1. Very excellent ViD. I've shared you on my facebook as I have arty friends. Hope that's OK? Joan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Joan, of course it's okay to share! That's what Art Play Today is all about! I'm so glad for your positive feedback! Thank you so much for commenting, and for sharing on facebook! I'm really excited about finally getting this tutorial finished and posted!

      Delete
  2. These pendants are AWESOME! Can't wait to check out the video - I may be able to use the same technique for earrings I have in mind using Formica samples :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! You'll have to let me know how the earrings go! I'm really glad you like the pendants and i hope you enjoy the video!

      Delete
  3. Thanks so much for this tutorial. Those pendants are awesome! And, I think you may have cured me of my fear of resin.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are very welcome! I would love to hear about your experience if you decide to make some! Thanks for your visit to my blog!

      Delete
  4. I love domino art and haven't made any in quite a while.
    Rinda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great video Kristen! Your pendants look lovely. I'll have to go and find the supplies here. Just one question: do you use laser prints of your artwork or inkjet prints?
    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, love your tutorial, haven't made domino's in a while and never with resin. Could you use a heatgun instead of a blowtorch for removing the bubbles? Almost all stampers have heatguns, would be neat if that worked. Love Vera

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi there; you've made the video private, I see? Any chance of letting us poor huddled masses watch it again? Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi sam, Thanks for the comment, I don't know how that got changed to private...it worked on my phone and computer, but I went in to my youtube account and you are correct, it was marked "private". I've changed it to public again, so can you do me a favor and try again and let me know if it's still a problem? Thanks so much for visiting!!!

      Delete
  8. Wonderful tutorial -thanks!
    Does this same process work well with vintage black dominoes???
    Thank you.
    Betty

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful tut Kristen, I had done some dominoes before but these that you made are so beautiful, and easy to follow, love them. Where can I get the artwork? Thanks, Liz

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting Artplaytoday! Comments are SO appreciated! I look forward to hearing whatever feedback, ideas, comments you may have..
XO
Kristen