Wednesday, November 16, 2011

50 Pieces of Art in 50 Days...

I have a friend who has challenged herself to create 50 pieces of art in 50 days....Wow!  She asked if I would also join in on the challenge.  I have a lot of catching up to do!  This is a small 5.5 x 8.5 piece I did today.  It needs a little fine tuning, but it's pretty much complete.  Tomorrow I'm going to try to do a Pear painting to go along with it!  I'll post that when it's done.  Hopefully I'll have enough time!
What about you?  Have any of you ever done something like this?  It seems overwhelming to me, and I have to keep telling my inner critique to "SHUT UP"!  I hate that self-defeating dialogue that goes on inside my head.  I didn't have that when I first started painting, maybe because my expectations were lower?  I don't know...but I do know I'm really struggling lately to produce a finished piece of artwork.  So today's little painting makes me happy!





1 comment:

  1. Yes, the only way you'll fail at this, is if you don't even try. So, now on to the pear--look at how cool this little apple is!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting Artplaytoday! Comments are SO appreciated! I look forward to hearing whatever feedback, ideas, comments you may have..
XO
Kristen