Thursday, March 24, 2011

Great Informational Tutorial on Domino Art Pendants


I am so excited to share this tutorial I found on making Domino Art Pendants.  This website, TheEnchantedGallery.Com, is so full of detailed information on all sorts of great crafting techniques, as well as a store that you can buy beautiful stamps (and other fun stuff) by the artist and website owner, Kimberly Crick.   My favorite tutorial pages from this site are Decorating Dominoes with Rubber Stamps and Coloring Media & Techniques.  I was blown away by the amount of information that is shared here.  The photographs are beautiful and a variety of techniques are explored, along with different products used and their pros and cons.  So, instead of having to learn by trial and error, and waste your money on products that you don't end up liking, you can read what this artist experienced with different media and sealing agents, and make a more informed decision when buying your supplies for this project!

Most of the domino pendants that I make are not actually rubber stamped.  I have been using small prints of my artwork and adhering them with acrylic gel medium, then sealing them with glossy accents or modge podge.  Now that I've seen these tutorials I have a lot more ideas to use in the future!  I hope you find this information useful.  Making domino art pendants is addicting and I think I'm hooked! Let me know what you think and share some of your creations if you decide to have a go at this project!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting Artplaytoday! Comments are SO appreciated! I look forward to hearing whatever feedback, ideas, comments you may have..
XO
Kristen