These are some pendants I made using prints of my original paintings. I'm just experimenting, but I really like the way they look. I'm not sure how to attach the bales so that they are durable. I sealed the backs and then painted a layer of black acrylic, then using jewelry glue, glued the bale to the back. I wore one of them for a few days and soon the bale and layer of acrylic paints peeled off. Any ideas on how I can make these better? On another note, photographing these is no easy task! They look much better in person, but I am a very amateur photographer and don't know how to get rid of the reflections in the glass. Tell me what you think about these...do you think they would sell on Etsy?
These I made using stainless steel washers and shell buttons and wire. I used jewelry glue to put it all together and they are very durable. What do you think of these? Do you think something like this would sell on Etsy?
|Front of Pendant|
|Backside of pendant|
More attempts at soldering. This is the back and front side of one pendant. I'm still working on the soldering technique...My husband built me a rheostat (controls the temperature of the soldering iron) using a dimmer switch and a regular plug in thing. I plug the rheostat into the wall outlet and my iron into the rheostat. I use the dimmer switch to control how much electricity is being fed to the iron (thus regulating the temperature! My husband is a genius! It has helped a lot and I think my pendants are starting to look a little better. Here are a few more pendants I've made recently...
Thanks for reading and I'd love to hear your feedback on these, good or bad! Happy Creating, have a great week!