Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Dryer Sheet Roses: a Tutorial from Katie's Rose Cottage Blog

Thank you Lori from Katie's Rose Cottage Blog for allowing me to link to her awesome tutorial.  Still on my search for different ways to use dryer sheets in your mixed media art, I came across this amazing tutorial on making dryer sheet roses! I just love the vintage look of these and can imagine some great uses, not only in my art, but as gifts too! You could also use dye's, inks, fluid acrylics, misters etc...to add your own sparkle and color to the flowers.  What a beautiful way to recycle those plentiful used dryer sheets!  Thanks again Lori, I know I'll be busy making some of my own!

4 comments:

  1. Dryer sheath are more convenient for decoration than the real flowers. You don't have to replace it over and over again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, cool post. I'd like to write like this too - taking time and real hard work to make a great article... but I put things off too much and never seem to get started. Thanks though. Maytag Appliance Repair Services in Santa Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, cool post. I'd like to write like this too - taking time and real hard work to make a great article... but I put things off too much and never seem to get started. Thanks though. WASHER REPAIR IN SANTA MONICA

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting Artplaytoday! Comments are SO appreciated! I look forward to hearing whatever feedback, ideas, comments you may have..
XO
Kristen