Monday, September 6, 2010

Using dryer sheets in your mixed media art.

I've been thinking about ways I can use/re-use household items in my mixed media art.  A few days ago I googled the topic and found this wonderful tutorial on making your own "art cloths" using used dryer sheets. The artist's name is Judy Shea and her blog keytomyart  (love the clever name) has some great, detailed tutorials with step by step instructions.  Click on this Dryer Sheet link to see Judy's great tutorial on how to make beautiful cloth that can be used in your mixed media art, in collage, or even as stand alone art.  The possibilities are endless!  What about you? Do you use dryer sheets or other recyclable materials in your art? I would love to hear your ideas if your willing to share them!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Kristen ~
    I didn't see an email address to email you back but you are welcome to use it ~
    Have a great day !
    Lori

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting Artplaytoday! Comments are SO appreciated! I look forward to hearing whatever feedback, ideas, comments you may have..
XO
Kristen