Saturday, September 4, 2010

Isn't it Funny how we Tend to Create our own Stress...

I spent the last several days stressing over the fact that I had invited an old high school friend of mine to come for a visit.  I'm not the best hostess and worry about what guests will think about our less than perfect house etc...What should I serve, How will I keep everyone entertained, What if everyone get's bored...the list goes on and on. How silly of me!  I shouldn't have wasted time and energy on worrying, because everything went smoothly and we all had a great time, kids included.  I got to thinking...maybe I need to approach all aspects of my life with a "playful" attitude, maybe some of the best moments/memories are created that way?  If I don't worry about the outcome of a particular thing, be it artwork, an entire day, an impression I want to make, sports performance, whatever....will I end up being more satisfied with my life?
I guess the saying "Don't sweat the small stuff." and "Everything is small stuff", makes sense!  Don't worry, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting Artplaytoday! Comments are SO appreciated! I look forward to hearing whatever feedback, ideas, comments you may have..
XO
Kristen