Sunday, February 5, 2012

29 Faces Challenge: Face #1

In my last post I shared some video tutorials (by Joyce van der Lely) on drawing faces and mentioned that I was challenging myself to draw 100 faces (not in 100 days, just 100 faces total).  Well I just found a blog challenge called 29 Faces here:

* Ayala Art. Paintings, ACEO and Mixed Media: 29 faces challenge

So, I've decided to take the challenge!  At the end of the 29 faces, I'll have only 71 more to go!

Face #1


This was done on a 5 x 8 piece of watercolor paper, using markers, white-out pen and acrylic paints. It's not the best, but...I really need to figure out how to do hair that looks more realistic.  Hopefully by the time I've done 100 faces I'll have a better handle on that!



3 comments:

  1. Welcome to the challenge!! She's beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think she's beautiful, too! And I'm doing the 29faces challenge for the same reason as you, practice. :) It will be fun, but I'm already finding it tough to keep up. Oh well. I guess that's what makes it a challenge. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! SO happy to have you in the challenge! Please don't forget to add the label "29 faces" in each post, so all of them show in the linky!
    If there's no label, only one or non will show (....and it will be double work for me when I'm posting to pintorest) :o)
    If you don't know how to add or edit labels, let me know, I can help.
    I will keep visiting your blog

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting Artplaytoday! Comments are SO appreciated! I look forward to hearing whatever feedback, ideas, comments you may have..
XO
Kristen