Sunday, February 5, 2012

29 Faces Challenge: Face #5

I had to do something different because I was getting discouraged with the last 4 faces, and while I know most of you might think this is very strange....I love this one.  It's my favorite so far.  I used my Twinkling H20 watercolors and some colored pencils and a micron pen.



I went looking for inspiration on Etsy before I started this one.  I was inspired by the art of Christina Romeo.  If you click on her name it will bring you to her Etsy shop.  I love her art!  

While watching the superbowl today with my husband, I worked on face sketches that I will be finishing in order to post in the coming week.  I think this might be the key to keeping up with the challenge.  Do pencil sketches at night while everyone is watching tv, and complete them as the week goes on!



10 comments:

  1. I like it, love the colours and his cute little face.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, nice to see you've entered this challenge as well! I love this little guy, the colours, the blending, the expression on his face, ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this- it's my favorite for what you've done so far, he's wonDERful!
    Also, very smart plan, I've been paint-sketching the base of some faces as I paint others, and that seems to help me keep up too. I'm loving this challenge and meeting all these new artists!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love him -- I can just sense his (?) peaceful sweet nature :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want him as my friend! So darling and cheery!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think this is my favorite too! So colorful and interesting, i do see her influence in it!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm enjoying all your faces, but I think this is my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like all of your faces but I think this one is my favorite, too. So much character!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting Artplaytoday! Comments are SO appreciated! I look forward to hearing whatever feedback, ideas, comments you may have..
XO
Kristen