Sunday, February 5, 2012

29 Faces Challenge: Face #5

I had to do something different because I was getting discouraged with the last 4 faces, and while I know most of you might think this is very strange....I love this one.  It's my favorite so far.  I used my Twinkling H20 watercolors and some colored pencils and a micron pen.



I went looking for inspiration on Etsy before I started this one.  I was inspired by the art of Christina Romeo.  If you click on her name it will bring you to her Etsy shop.  I love her art!  

While watching the superbowl today with my husband, I worked on face sketches that I will be finishing in order to post in the coming week.  I think this might be the key to keeping up with the challenge.  Do pencil sketches at night while everyone is watching tv, and complete them as the week goes on!



9 comments:

  1. I like it, love the colours and his cute little face.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, nice to see you've entered this challenge as well! I love this little guy, the colours, the blending, the expression on his face, ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this- it's my favorite for what you've done so far, he's wonDERful!
    Also, very smart plan, I've been paint-sketching the base of some faces as I paint others, and that seems to help me keep up too. I'm loving this challenge and meeting all these new artists!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love him -- I can just sense his (?) peaceful sweet nature :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want him as my friend! So darling and cheery!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think this is my favorite too! So colorful and interesting, i do see her influence in it!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. i like the style of this!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm enjoying all your faces, but I think this is my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like all of your faces but I think this one is my favorite, too. So much character!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting Artplaytoday! Comments are SO appreciated! I look forward to hearing whatever feedback, ideas, comments you may have..
XO
Kristen